This is a live stream of La Plata, Missouri, USA, for people who enjoy watching trains.
Actual start date: May 19, 2017
The 360º camera is sponsored by Duane & Curt Lundgren in memory of their hometown Great Northern Railroad
Want to take a trip to La Plata? Stay at the Depot Inn & Suites: https://www.depotinn.com/
Check out Bob & Amy Cox’s business, Train Party: http://www.trainparty.com/
Radio Feed: https://bit.ly/2NbpuII
Informational Map: http://www.curtlundgren.com/la_plata.jpg (Courtesy of Curt Lundgren, thanks Curt!)
You are welcome to join our family friendly chat, but keep in mind that there’s a community with rules already established. Please check them out below.
La Plata East: https://youtu.be/AAQUGsUzWbE
La Plata West: https://youtu.be/0pG8AF_eCGI
La Plata 360: https://youtu.be/XviGuHOFHd8
Help us raise funds for the displays at the American Passenger Rail Heritage Foundation: https://tinyurl.com/y8xc6gve
APRHF homepage: http://www.aprhf.org/
Duplication or distribution of our videos is STRICTLY prohibited without permission. Official policy here: https://virtualrailfan.com/recording
• Be polite and respectful
• Please use English, we need a single language to be able to understand each other. If you’re not fluent, use a translator such as Google Translate: https://translate.google.com
• Don’t post in ALL CAPS or use excessive emojis, letters or characters.
• Don’t discuss politics, religion, race, sex, violence, disturbing details about train or vehicle accidents, or anything like that. We try to be mindful of any children who may be watching.
• Don’t use the terms “foamer” or “foaming” in your comments or your username. Many railfans find them derogatory and offensive.
• The conversation here is trains, and please remember that it needs to come first.
• Please keep personal details out of the chat. Remember, you are sharing information with hundreds of people, not just those directly involved in the chat.
• Don’t ask to become a moderator. It’s earned. If we’re interested in your assistance, we will contact you.
• Please don’t use our chats to seek attention, stand on your soapbox, or criticize other people’s presences or contributions
• Just be nice, it’s amazing what happens when we’re all nice to each other.
THINGS THAT WILL GET YOU BANNED:
• Inappropriate usernames
• Coming into chat for the sole purpose of asking for subscriptions (subs) or to blatantly promote your channel
• Being intentionally disruptive, creating arguments or any other jerk-like behavior
• Not following the moderators’ instructions
ABOUT THIS FEED:
La Plata, MO, in Northern Missouri, is located on BNSF Railway’s Marceline Subdivision at milepost 312.7, part of their Southern Transcon, the former Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (AT&SF) mainline between Chicago and Los Angeles.
Amtrak’s “Southwest Chief” passenger train stops here twice a day; the eastbound train #4 in the morning and the westbound train #3 in the evening.
The typical BNSF freight train volume is between 50 and 70 trains per 24 hours. There are 2 cameras available.
There is an ATCS layout available, as well as a radio feed for the western part of the BNSF Marceline Sub, listening to AAR road channel 30, 160.560 (also includes Norfolk Southern’s Kansas City District, on road channel 22, 160.440): http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/282/325/
You will see lots of Amish and Mennonite folks at the station. Please be respectful of these communities in chat.
When’s the next train? Yeah, we get this a lot. You can figure out the next Amtrak passenger train with this handy link: https://www.amtrak.com/services/maps.trainlocation.html
There’s no schedule for freight trains, but some of our more knowledgeable members will provide real-time information when it’s available. Please refrain from asking.
ABOUT VIRTUAL RAILFAN:
Virtual Railfan currently has 77 cams at 47 locations in 22 states and 4 countries. Visit our website for memberships, more free cams, and our own live chat. Thanks for stopping by, we’re glad you’re here!
Know a good location for a camera? We’d love to hear! Please email us at [email protected] If you have any contacts in the area, please let us know.